Wednesday, August 18, 2010

39 Weeks!


I was hoping I wouldn't get this far, but I have to go to 40 weeks ad hopefully this baby will be ready to come out. I had my appointment today hoping I could be induced on Friday. No such luck. The baby is head down, but not low enough to start thinning me out. If the doctor induced me it would increase my risk of a c- section and he knows I can have this 10 1/2 lb baby vaginally with no problems, so he didn't want to do that. He also doesn't want me to have to have a 10 1/2 lb baby, but there's nothing he can do at this point. If the baby hasn't moved down by next week then I will have an ultrasound to see why he hasn't moved and go from there.

Here is a picture of my belly. I have gained 55 lbs with this baby so far. Surprised? Most people are too. Still no stretch marks. Hate me yet? Most women do.

7 comments:

Jenny Robbins said...

Yay! Belly shot! I hope you have this little guy soon. We are all so very anxious to meet him. I can't believe you don't have stretch marks! I've had fatty-pants stretch marks since the dawn of time. You suck. I say that with love. :)

Megan said...

You look beautiful! I hope everything goes really well, and you don't have to have a c-section after being in labor. That combo sucks a lot. One or the other is more tolerable. Also, I gained 35 lbs but had terrible stretch marks like a lion attacked me. Seriously giant red scratches everywhere. You must have lovely elastic skin. I may be a little jealous but I still think you're fantastic. :) Best of luck delivering the little one!!

Jessica from Daisydotdesign.blogspot.com said...

Nice, no stretch marks!!! I didn't get any with Kherrington...so I thought until I had her and then it was a little more apparent where they were. 1 more week!! Yeah!

Celia said...

Hahaha. I LOVE that you have no stretch marks. You look so great. Hurry up, Baby Beck!

The Weldon Family said...

Lol... I won't hate you until you're back to your size 2 self at 2 weeks postpardum! just kidding! Congrats! I hope the little one is here soon and you're enjoying Portland.

The Boyce's said...

Yes, I hate you!!! Ok, not really, but I really envy you! haha You looks amazing! I wanna meet the little (or big) man!

Unknown said...

So I have a theory about stretch marks-I haven't gotten any either, but I'm worried it's because my skin stretches really easily and I'm going to get a lot of wrinkles. What do you think? Are you wrinkle prone? Hope not!